Go on a fun treasure hunt and practise matching some common percentages, decimals and fractions.
Don't forget to upload a photo to facebook, tag us and use #THCPhomeclub we would love to see you on your treasure hunt around the home!
• Cut out the cards. (Check with an adult before using scissors.)
• Ask someone who isn’t playing to shuffle the cards and hide them around the room or within an agreed area.
• Choose a ‘home area’, where players will pile up matching sets once found.
• Hunt the cards. If you find a card, memorise it but leave it where it is until you’ve found the two other matching cards, e.g. if you’ve spotted the 1—2 card, you need to search for the 0.5 card and the 50% card as they have the same value. When you’ve spotted all three, you’ve got 7 seconds to pick them all up and place the set in the home area.
• The person not playing makes sure that no-one holds any cards for more than 7 seconds and that each player has their own pile in the home area for their matching sets. There are ten sets all together. The winner is the person with the most pairs once all of the cards have been matched.
What treasure will the winner be rewarded with? (Or does everyone get treasure for taking part?)
To make the game easier, only put down two of the three types of card: leave out either the percentage, decimal or fraction cards. Instead of needing to find matching sets of three cards, players just need to find matching pairs.
This activity was brought to you by: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/